Tuesday 10 September 2013

In the Beginning

Goodness, where to start.....
my application for the Great british bake-off didn't come to anything so I have decided to enrol on a Patisserie and confectionery course. My own personal Bake-off!!!
A huge challenge and a reasonably hefty financial commitment. I'm excited and nervous, but mostly wondering how I will find time. This evening I was going to just make a few flap jacks but having gotten myself involved in the nightmare that is sticky backed plastic and covering exercise books with kids, I suddenly found myself running swiftly out of time. And so tomorrow the kids will have to make do with a kitkat in their lunch boxes, which possibly they will be more delighted with anyway- so I musn't fret.
Tuesday evening's from now on will be 5 hours in college baking starting next week. Induction yesterday went well with lots of new people, I thought we would have to do the dreaded 'introduce yourself to people' speech, however apparently not. Or not yet anyway.
I've ordered lots of kit, and a uniform that I know will make me look like Andy Pandy, and hopefully all this will arrive in time for next weeks lesson. We are starting with yeast products, breads and buns which is a good place to start for me as I am reasonably happy that I can bake a loaf.
Being a necessity computer user rather than a native, blogging will be a new adventure too. So as I love cooking and eating, and reading about cooking and eating somehow this seems to feel right. Who knows how it will all turn out, we will just have to wait and see....




2 comments:

  1. I am a willing and able taster.... and will give you honest and constructive critique of your wares! x

    ReplyDelete