Saturday 28 September 2013

25 Jacket potatoes

I came home early from work yesterday as I have been fighting off a sore throat and runny nose all week. I knew that it must be serious when I didn't even enjoy the cake I had from the macmillan coffee morning at work. I am never normally off my food! And so I came home at lunchtime and fell into bed for a couple of hours before rousing myself to deal with the scout camp food.
I cooked 25 jacket potatoes , grated cheese and mixed up tuna and sweetcorn, and at 5.15pm I waved off my little family for a night of camping whilst I settled down to watch a film with my doggy and had an early night.
It's amazing what an early night can do as I feel loads better today and have managed to do piles of washing, walk the dog, do the Tesco shop( I got myself a little digital timer to help me with my timing in the oven at college as I use the timer on my kitchen oven all the time and am quite likely to forget about something baking away and cremate it and I also got some more fresh yeast!) so I made fresh bread and rolls to go in the freezer for next week, baked an apple pie with some of the apples from my garden, and had a nice glass of red wine at a beautiful pub in Dedham, Essex called the Sun.
For dinner we are having pasta with a spicy tomato sauce and have just had some of the focaccia bread which I made at college in week 1 with some Olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Going to do some research into the different types of bread tonight as I have my first assessment at college on Tuesday.
Enjoying myself thinking about and planning my baking bucket list.


No comments:

Post a Comment