Sunday 13 October 2013

Reluctant blogger

Been having a problem with not being able to use the computer to update my blog as it has gone off to be fixed. Fortunately it is still under a year old so repair will be free but will take 2 weeks!!! So having to use my phone to blog which makes me a reluctant blogger for now. So just a quick update on baking events this week.... Friday evening saw me tackling belgium buns with a cherry on top much to the kids delight. I had just manage to get them finished when they arrived home from a scout hike very wet and soaked through so we had hot chocolate with our sticky belgium buns. I used the powdered type of fondant icing this time which went quite well although I could have taken longer to make the icing neater but as I was hurrying to get them finished they looked quite rustic! Today I have made an apple,cinnamon and sultana pie using the sweet pastry recipe from college last Tuesday. Mum came for dinner as she is recovering well from her sore throat and she enjoyed the pie which I cooked with yet more apples from the garden. Not many left on the trees now. I will try and get the rest of them off the tree this week as they store quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment