Tuesday 27 May 2014

From Disaster to Distinction!!

Disaster struck when following the theory test on pastes we went to the kitchen only to discover that the puff pastry I made last week to use tonight had not been taken out of the freezer!! Everyone elses pastry was out and sitting waiting for them to use and mine was a solid frozen block still residing in the freezer. Panic set in for a while but sense returned and off I went to start making my puff from scratch again!! Frangipane was made and after quite some delay a pithivier was made. Even the chef in the main kitchen thought it was great when I went to use his grill to add the final glaze! Final result was a distinction so all ended very happily in the end. The only bad bit is that the end of my course is in sight with only a few weeks and one assessment to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment